Last Updated: June 22, 2023
This Community Policy is designed to keep our community of creators, shoppers, and product sellers protected, and to foster an environment where everyone feels supported. We look to you as creators to help us do this for our unique community. It’s important that you understand our Community Policy, and the role it plays in our shared responsibility to make BOND a safe space. This document sets out what is and is not allowed on BOND, the standard of conduct BOND expects of its creators outside of BOND, and applies to all content that you submit and share as a creator both on and off the platform. We take the integrity of our community seriously and any attempt to manipulate or mislead through content or our features is strictly prohibited. If you violate this Community Policy, we may respond by suspending your privileges, restricting your access to the platform, limiting your permissions to share content, or even terminating your account. In all of these cases, we are not required to reimburse you for any costs or expenses you may have incurred. This Community Policy may be amended at any time, so please make sure to check back on a regular basis.
1. Community eligibility:
- You must have an approved BOND Creator account to share content on our platform and with our community. You are responsible for the content you create and share on BOND, whether it be live, pre-recorded, repurposed, or any other form of static, audio, and or video content.
- If you violate your creator agreement with BOND, your ability to remain part of the BOND community may be suspended.
- If we suspend or retract your creator privileges due to your violation of this Community Policy, you will not be eligible to participate or share content in the BOND community until further notice from us.
- If any suspensions do occur, they apply to your account, and if you attempt to evade any suspension by creating additional accounts or identities, all of your accounts may be permanently disabled.
- You must be at least 18 years old to share content in our community.
- The content you share in our community must be in English.
2. Claims made on BOND:
- All claims you make as a creator, whether they are communicated or implied, must be accurate, supported and substantiated.
- This includes claims that relate to products, such as technical specifications, size, safety features, performance and more.
- If you share content that mentions any awards or certificates (such as “Best New Product 2023”), they must be supported by the details found on the product’s page within the BOND platform.
- You may provide your personal opinion as long as it is clear that it is an opinion. However, if your opinion could be interpreted as a factual statement, it must be backed by substantial information.
3. Content policies and creator conduct on BOND:
As part of the BOND community, your conduct and any content you share on BOND may not:
- Include or contain sexually suggestive content, nudity, provocative imagery or pornography.
- Be deceptive, misleading, false, or impersonate an individual or a brand.
- Refer to celebrity endorsements or specific celebrities, unless a brand has received an official endorsement from the celebrity.
- Send community members to external platforms and/or websites outside of BOND.
- Infringe on or misappropriate other people’s intellectual property, including music, artwork, graphics, brand logos, unless you have obtained permission from all relevant third parties to include these in your content. This includes wearing clothing and accessories with visible branding. This also includes content created by other creators in the BOND community that is their intellectual property, which you may not use without their permission.
- Ask community members to share their information, including their private information.
- Affect or attempt to affect the navigation on the page on which the content is featured within BOND.
As part of the BOND community, your conduct and any content you share whether or not on BOND may not:
- Infringe on or misappropriate BOND’s intellectual property. Use of BOND’s intellectual property without BOND’s permission, including its copyright (e.g., text, graphics, logos, and images), trademarks and trade dress (e.g., graphics, logos, and service names), is strictly prohibited. See BOND’s Conditions of Use for more information.
- Include or contain malicious insults, obscene language (including scatological references); be emotionally manipulative, controversial, foul, vulgar, or violent; or be intended to shock or disgust community members.
- Encourage others to commit violent acts or endanger your own safety or the safety of others.
- Be socially insensitive to discrimination, sex, race, or beliefs. You may not engage in discussions concerning politics or other sensitive topics, such as reproductive rights, firearms, etc.
- Be defamatory, abusive, harassing, invasive of another's privacy or otherwise engage in illegal acts.
- Encourage, promote or depict violence, graphic imagery, or behavior that is considered an antisocial violation of rights, such as smoking in public places.
Additional requirements for your conduct and any content you share on BOND are as follows:
- You may only share content about products that are available for sale on BOND and from a brand that has approved you as a creator for its products on BOND.
- You must include at least one product in the product carousel during each livestream. Products showcased in a livestream must be available to purchase in the product carousel at the time of your livestream.
- You may only create and share content about products that you physically possess at the time of your livestream. That means that you may not select products from BOND brand partners without physically being able to display them in your content.
BOND reserves the right to remove prohibited or otherwise ineligible items from a product carousel and catalog, as well as those that we deem to be negatively affecting the community member experience.
With regards to a livestream, you must be physically present during the livestream in order to discuss the products included in the product carousel and to engage with our community members who are watching. The content you stream should be primarily live, with the majority of it captured and streamed in real-time. If you include any pre-recorded video in your livestream, it cannot be “looped” or played on repeat. Any pre-recorded video cannot exceed a duration of 20 minutes.
4. Comparing brands on BOND:
- If you share content in which you compare a brand with another competing brand, the comparison must be backed by facts and be strictly objective. “Product A is made of canvas, whereas Product B is leather,” for example, is acceptable.
- You may not make comparisons that are harmful to a brand’s reputation or are intentionally disrespectful such as “I love the design and feel of Product A, which makes Product B look like a hand-me-down in comparison.”
5. Product prices, promotions, guarantees & warranties on BOND:
- All prices that you communicate as a creator must be entirely accurate (including promotional prices).
- BOND is a premium shopping platform. Therefore, you may not exaggerate promotional prices or savings. Unless it is accurate and supported by the product’s page within BOND platform, you may not make statements such as: “Huge savings,” “The lowest price you’ll find,” “You won’t find it cheaper” etc.
- It is possible to reference manufacturer-provided product warranties and guarantees, however, you may not create or modify them yourself. You make not make statements such as “If you buy this product from us, we’ll extend your warranty.”
- You may not make any claims around BOND being responsible for the fulfillment and post-purchase order management of any products sold through your content (as this will be handled by your approved product sellers directly).
6. Customer reviews on BOND:
- If you highlight or mention a customer’s review of a product, it must include accurate, factual and contain substantiated information. For example, a review that states “These are my favorite sunglasses for stopping my forehead wrinkles from developing,” implies that sunglasses could “stop forehead wrinkles from developing” which cannot be substantiated, therefore this review should not be communicated.
- We understand that, as a creator in the BOND community, you would like to garner engagement with our members. However it is not permitted to ask members to leave positive reviews, as this can be construed as fake engagement. You may, however, ask them to leave reviews about products that are featured in your content.
7. Restricted products & claims on BOND:
- Promoting alcohol-related products developed by alcohol manufacturers or distributors is strictly prohibited in the BOND community.
- Other alcohol-related products developed by other companies are permitted (for example, wine glasses, bottle openers etc.), but the following rules apply if these products are promoted:
- You may not encourage or joke about alcohol consumption, either by physically suggesting it with an action or with words. For example, you may not say that something like: “With these new glasses, there’s no excuse not to drink wine all day, every day.”
- You may not belittle or speak about abstinence from alcohol in a negative way, such as saying something like: “A party isn’t a party without a rose gold cocktail shaker”.
- As part of the BOND community, you must provide members with accurate information. You may not make claims related to health or any medical conditions unless they are accurate and substantiated. For example, you may not suggest, “This cleanser would be great for cystic acne.”
- You may not provide medical advice.
- In terms of health products, you may not make any claims that what you are promoting is good or better than prescription or over-the-counter medical products.
- You may not make a claim that a product can guarantee weight loss, or that it can help customers lose weight without exercising and maintaining a healthy, balanced diet.
- If you do refer to weight loss, you may not refer to a loss greater than 2 lbs. a week as this is considered too fast and could put individuals at risk of many health problems, including muscle loss, nutritional deficiencies and more.
8. Child safety on BOND:
- The safety of our creators, community members and product sellers is our highest priority. BOND doesn’t allow content that endangers the emotional and physical well-being of minors, which is anyone younger than 18 in most countries.
- You may not direct content that you share in the BOND community at children. You may feature children’s products in content on the BOND platform, but the content itself must not be directed to children.
- If a child is featured in content you have created and shared, the content must be directly related to the products you are discussing, and you must have the child’s parents and/or guardian's written consent.
- Any sexually explicit or suggestive content featuring minors, or content that sexually exploits minors, is strictly prohibited. This includes minors modeling swimwear and children’s undergarments.
9. Violations of our Community Policy:
- BOND will protect the customer experience and in doing so will reflect the spirit, not merely the letter, of this Community Policy. BOND reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account or pause or remove any content that we deem to be negatively affecting the viewer experience, whether or not the behavior has been explicitly prohibited by this Community Policy. This Community Policy does not comprehensively list every type of content that BOND could restrict or block, nor every basis on which BOND may restrict or block content.
- When you use BOND, you join a community of people from all over the world. This Community Policy helps keep BOND inspiring, safe and accessible for everyone.
- It is our priority to protect the customer experience which is why we embody the guidelines of this Community Policy as a brand, not only in our touchpoints.
- BOND reserves the right to terminate your account or remove any content that we deem to be negatively impacting the community experience, whether or not the behavior is outlined in this Community Policy.
- This Community Policy does not include all types of content that BOND could restrict or remove, or the terms on which BOND may restrict or remove it.